Frequently Asked Questions About LANAP® in Matthews, NC
Periodontal Disease increases with age, 70.1 percent of adults 65 years and older have periodontal disease
*According to The Division of Oral Health http://www.cdc.gov/oralhealth/periodontal_disease/
FAQs About Laser Dentistry in Matthews, NC
- Q: What is the difference between periodontal disease and gum disease?A: Periodontal disease is an advanced form of gum disease caused by certain types of bacteria that reside beneath the gum line. These bacteria produce toxins which cause the body to destroy the bone that supports our teeth. Laser gum surgery can help eliminate these bacteria and halt the progression of periodontal disease.
- Q: What is the best way to treat periodontal disease?A: Laser surgery is a minimally painful way to treat gum disease and is also one of the fastest gum disease surgery options available. The LANAP® protocol is less traumatic to the tissues because it does not require cutting into the gums.
- Q: What are the benefits of laser gum surgery?A: Laser surgery promotes a fast healing time and is a minimally invasive procedure. LANAP® does not cause gum recession and can save healthy teeth, as it promotes bone regeneration around the tooth structure.
- Q: How do I know if laser gum disease surgery is safe?A: The PerioLase® MVP-7™ is a FDA cleared laser for the treatment of gum disease and is supported by extensive scientific studies and research. Dr. Green is trained to provide laser gum disease surgery for patients with this condition.
- Q: How will I know if laser gum disease surgery is right for me?A: If you have bleeding or inflamed gums, contact Dr. Green for a personalized consultation. You will have a chance to review different options for treatment and make a decision that will help you maintain a beautiful smile.